Monday 18 April 2011

Joico Color Endure + K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

Hello there,

Right, first off I'm just going to say how much it has pained me to write "color" instead of "colour" in the title of this post. IT IS COLOUR NOT COLOR! However, the products themselves are called color endure and so I thought I better stay true to the name.
My hair is pretty much a war zone! I've coloured my hair for years now, mainly bleaching it with the occasional moment of madness when I decide to unleash my inner vamp and become a deep brunette, because of this I am always on the hunt for products to make it luscious and not like straw...
My hairdresser recommended K-Pak shampoo and conditioner for my hair and I promptly ignored her, I actually then moved house so had to change hairdressers (I hope she doesn't think I'm rude). Since her recommendation I have tried a number of salon hair care products, much to the detriment of my bank balance and I must say they've all been good but nothing to write home about (or write a blog about). 
After trialing a number of different salon brands I eventually bought some Joico. I bought the shampoo and conditioner designed for coloured hair as it promises to prolong colour. I don't know if other bleachers find this, but after a while my hair colour will either fade to a horrible brassy colour or so ash that it looks dull (let me know if you have any miracle product to stop this). 
I've got to be honest it didn't give the best first impression, the conditioner pump didn't work which SUCKED! I also think the packaging is kinda ugly, it's like a mauve, brownish colour. All that rubbish aside I think it's a pretty decent purchase, it's still not my HG hair product I'm still on the search for that. I have found that the conditioner is a little bit runny so it's a bit difficult to spread it evenly through my hair. The shampoo however is lovely, it lathers up beautifully and smells so clean and gorgeous.
To be honest I can't really justify spending as much money on these products at all, a higher end drug store shampoo and conditioner would probably have the same effect.


But fear not Joico it isn't all bad, I also bought the K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor which I have been using as a weekly hair mask and I LOVE it. It's a really nice rich consistency and feels really indulgent when I use it. I have started to notice a real difference in the quality of my hair, it's a lot less tangled and really shiny. I would recommend this product to everyone, even if your hair is in perfect condition and you just want an extra treat. I will most definitely be buying this product again, and will probably buy the whole K-Pak range.
Basically the moral of this story is that I should've listened to my hairdresser :( 

Also, don't forget to check out my youtube channel www.youtube.com/ToBeFrankie

lots of love
Frank x

No comments:

Post a Comment